But kids need more than food to thrive. We ask them what they need and deliver that support where they are.
We Can Do This meets children, youth, and others where they are. We eliminate barriers through love, caring, understanding, and trust.
How We Support Kids
- Volunteers feed kids on the weekends at the F Street Community Center.
- Kids can eat as much as they want. No child leaves hungry.
- Any leftover food goes home with the kids when they leave.
Food & Personal Care Pantries
- Our Food Pantry provides nutritious food for kids who need it.
- Our Personal Care Pantry helps children with soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper, and other items.
School Supplies & Backpacks
- Any child who needs a backpack or basic school supplies receives them during our Back-to-School Program.
- If kids need other back-to-school support — such as shoes, clothes, or coats — we work with our supporters or other community agencies to get them what they need.
Celebrations & Events
To keep our kids from missing celebrations and fun times, we unite with community partners to provide gifts and support for:
- Valentine’s Day
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
articles and videos
Our board ensures that WCDT stays on track to meet its mission and goals.
Barb Haselhuhn Sanford
We Can Do This in Action
Check out our success stories and learn about our current projects.